2013 HOLIDAY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Visa Prepaid Payroll Card 2013 Holiday Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U S and DC, 18 years and older as of 12/1/13. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees of Visa Inc., Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor”), Visa International Service Association, and their respective successors, participating card partners, client financial institutions, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, Tenthwave Digital LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on 12/1/13, and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on 1/15/14 (the “Promotion Period”). One (1) Grand Prize and two-hundred (200) First Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible Visa Prepaid Payroll cardholder with a Visa Prepaid Payroll Card issued by a participating card partner who has agreed to have their paycheck deposited directly onto their Visa Prepaid Payroll Card will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Visa purchase made with that Visa Prepaid Payroll Card at a participating merchant location within the U S during the Promotion Period. Certain restrictions may apply. To be eligible for automatic entry, your Card issuer must have agreed to participate in this Sweepstakes with Sponsor. If your Card issuer has not agreed to participate in this Sweepstakes, you may still enter the Sweepstakes via the 3”x 5” mail-in method described below. For a list of participating Card issuers, click here. Only eligible Visa purchases or eligible payments made with a Visa Prepaid Payroll Card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating financial institution in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.'s transaction-processing system during the Promotion Period are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to whom submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit cards are excluded from automatic entry. Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on 1/15/14, in order to be eligible. 2) U.S. Mail: You may enter the Sweepstakes without purchase via U.S. Mail by hand-printing your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3” x 5” card, and mailing, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa Prepaid Payroll Card 2013 Holiday Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 923, Plainview, NY 11803-0923. Each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 1/15/14 and received by 1/22/14 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped outer envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, late or inaccurate are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing or emailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 2/4/14 from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received and combined. The random drawing will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization. Judges’/Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone or email on or about 2/27/14 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within 48 hours of notification, and the original documents within 7 days of date of notification via regular mail. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact potential winner within a reasonable time period; or prize’s or prize notification’s return as undeliverable will result in such potential winner disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion and, the Grand Prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Grand Prize winner must allow 6-8 weeks from the drawing date stated above for delivery of prize. First Prize winners who entered automatically through their Visa Prepaid Payroll Card will receive their prize when it is automatically loaded onto winners’ Visa Prepaid Payroll Card on or about 1/31/14. Entrants must access their card balance after 3/4/14 to see if they are a winner. First Prize winners who entered via the mail in will receive their prize and prize notification via mail within 6 to 8 weeks of Random Drawing Date indicated above.
6. ODDS: Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:26,430,091. Odds of winning a First Prize are 1:132,150; however the actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $5,000 (awarded in the form of a check) Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $5,000. Two hundred (200) First Prizes: $100 loaded onto winner’s Visa Prepaid Payroll Card (ARV) $100 each. In the event that a winner does not have a Visa Prepaid Payroll Card, the prize will be awarded as cash (awarded in the form of a check). Total ARV of all prizes: $25,000. All federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of each winner. No substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a winner is 18 years of age but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes or winner notification as applicable, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions or for winner notification (if applicable). Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, or transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 4/1/14, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 3/19/14 to: Visa Prepaid Payroll Card 2013 Holiday Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
13. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. No entrant has yet won. One (1) Grand Prize: $5,000 (awarded in the form of a check) Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $5,000. Two hundred (200) First Prizes: $100 load onto winners Visa Prepaid Payroll Card (ARV) $100 each. In the event that a winner does not have a Visa Prepaid Payroll Card, the prize will be awarded as cash (awarded in the form of a check). Total ARV of all prizes: $25,000. The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:26,430,091. Odds of winning a First Prize are 1:132,150; however the actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Automatic entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT 1/15/14. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 1/15/14 and received by 1/22/14. Sweepstakes ends 11:59:59 p.m. PT 1/15/14. See Official Rules above for complete details, including prize restrictions. Sponsored solely by Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999.
©Copyright 2013 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.